Hello there, I hope you enjoyed yesterdays quiz. Many thanks to all those who read the post and special thanks to those who took time to comment.
When Julius Caesar reformed the calendar he added an extra day.
2. Which month was June in the early Roman calendar?
Another alteration made in Roman times, was the moving of January and February to the beginning of the year, thus making June the sixth month.
3. The solstice is in June. On or between which of these dates does it occur?
Answer Between 20th and 22nd
In the northern hemisphere it is the summer solstice. In the southern hemisphere it is the winter solstice.
4. What two flowers are usually recognised as the birth flowers for June?
Answer Rose and Honeysuckle
5. Which of these is not one of the three June gems?
6. In the old saying what is ‘a swarm of bees in June’ worth?
Answer silver spoon
‘A swarm of bees in May is worth a load of hay, A swarm of bees in June is worth a silver spoon, A swarm of bees in July is not worth a fly’
Hammerstein and Rodgers musical ‘Carousel’ was first performed in the Majestic Theatre, New York, on April 19, 1945.
How did you do? Before I researched the answers I knew four 😊
A variety of articles and recipe ideas are within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues please take these into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.
All the best Jan