This refreshing fruit salad recipe from Mary Berry can be made in advance and won’t oxidise and go brown. Serve chilled it is great for warmer days.
2 ripe mangoes
1 ripe papaya
4 passion fruit
chilled crème fraîche, to serve (optional)
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the melon in half, scoop out the seeds and discard. Cut each half into four. Remove the rind by slipping the knife between the melon flesh and rind, then cut the melon into bite-sized pieces
2. Peel the mango using a sharp knife or peeler. Slice the mango cheeks off either side of the large central flat stone, then cut the mango into cubes. Cut off the flesh around the stone too.
3. Using a serrated knife, slice off the top and bottom of the orange, then cut away all the peel and pith. Cut between the orange segments to remove each piece.
4. Peel the papaya with a knife or potato peeler and then cut the fruit in half. Scoop out and discard the seeds and cut the fruit into pieces.
5. Cut the passion fruit in half and scoop out the seeds.
6. Put all the fruit, except the raspberries, in a bowl, cover with cling film and put in the fridge, mixing from time to time.
7. Just before serving, add the fresh raspberries. Serve with chilled crème fraîche if liked.
The bulk of the salad can be made the day before – add the raspberries at the last minute.
Mary Berry, is one of the best-known and respected cookery writers and broadcasters in the UK. She describes her cooking style as ‘family’ – practical, healthy recipes that incorporate lots of fresh ingredients. Have you tried her:-
Pesto Lemon Chicken recipe, see here, or her
You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, but please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health it is always advisable to consult your Doctor or health care team.
All the best Jan