2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup stevia (sweetener)
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. flaxseed meal
1/4 cup poppy seeds
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
lemon zest, 1 1/2 lemons
2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 tbsp. coconut oil
3/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease a loaf tin with cooking spray and line with baking paper. Set aside.
2. Add dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well. Add the lemon zest.
3. Add lemon juice and the rest of the wet ingredients a little at a time, stirring well between each addition.
4. Transfer batter to loaf tin.
5. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool in tin before inverting onto a place and cutting into slices.
This low carb vegan recipe makes 9 slices, each slice is 16.6g fat, 3.7g protein, and 4g net carbs.
If you need help with weight/measurement conversion, see here
You will find a variety of recipe ideas within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter. If you have any concerns about your health, it is always advisable to consult your doctor or health care team.
All the best Jan