Did you/do you know these seven November Facts?
1. The official flower for the month of November is the chrysanthemum. Meaning ‘golden flower’ the chrysanthemum represents honesty, joy and optimism.
2. The official birthstone of November is the topaz. This orange-yellow gemstone is said to represent friendship. The Greeks also believed that Topaz had the power to turn you invisible.
3. The popular board game, Monopoly, was introduced to the world on the 5th of November 1935. Monopoly is arguably one of the most popular board games played by different people around the world. Do you enjoy playing it?
5. The month of November is host to International Tolerance Day which is held on the 16th every year.
6. Apparently, November babies are smart. Scientists have conducted research to come to the conclusion that babies born in the month of November are usually smart, intuitive and curious.
7. In the US, November is perhaps best known for Thanksgiving. Since 1621, the fourth Thursday in November has served as a holiday to gather with friends and family and give thanks for the blessings in our lives and also eat the incredible food reaped from the fall harvest. That’s 400 years of turkeys!
This blog is presented in a magazine style – we hope something for everyone. You will find a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, funnies, photographs, music and recipes!
All the best Jan